Before Benghazi, there was Extortion 17.
Karen and Billy Vaughn are the parents of a fallen Navy Seal, Aaron Carson Vaughn. I met with Karen and Billy Vaughn. They are extraordinary heroes. Their courage to speak about Obama's crippling rules of engagement is to be applauded. The Vaughns have exposed the delusional U.S. military “rules of engagement” policy that led to the take-down of a Chinook helicopter by the Taliban. All 38 people on board the Chinook -- 15 SEAL Team Six members (including their son) and seven Afghan National Army commandos, were killed. The attack on the Chinook came just three months after the Osama bin Laden kill and both Obama and Biden had identified the team that took OBL out. Retribution was inevitable.
The Vaughns were also one of the families that released the video that revealed that military brass invited a Muslim cleric to their children’s funeral in 2011 — an imam who "damned to hell" our fallen soldiers. Video here.
NAVY SEAL TEAM VI FAMILIES TO REVEAL GOVERNMENT’S CULPABILITY IN DEATH OF THEIR SONS IN FATAL HELICOPTER CRASH IN AFGHANISTAN FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL RAID ON BIN LADEN’S COMPOUND
- Obama and Joe Biden improperly revealed the identities of the Navy SEALs who were on the mission to assassinate Osama bin Laden, thereby putting “a target” on the backs of the SEALs.
- The Chinook helicopter was “inadequate,” as was its pilot.
- When the Chinook was attacked by the Taliban, our side “couldn’t return fire” and was “handcuffed.”
- At the funeral in Bagram Airfield in Kabul, Afghanistan, for our servicemen, Jesus’ name couldn’t be mentioned but instead an imam prayed.
Get the book here.
The Tragedy of Extortion 17Billy Vaughn and Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely (US Army, Ret.) expose the truth in spite of resistance from officials.
On August 06, 2011 Taliban forces ambushed the US Army helicopter CH-47, call name “Extortion 17,” in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan. This transport helicopter was moving an American reaction force in a relief operation of US Army Rangers that were engaged in a three-hour firefight. Twenty-five Special Ops Forces and a five-man flight crew were aboard that helicopter. One of these warriors was Navy SEAL, Aaron Vaughn.
The tragedy of Extortion 17 on that fateful night in Afghanistan will not fade away. Billy Vaughn, father of fallen Navy SEAL, Aaron Vaughn, and Major General Paul Vallely (US Army, Ret) are among the brave men and women who are boldly speaking out and telling the truth about this incident.
Billy Vaughn stands in the defense of American freedom from tyranny; MG Paul Vallely stands by his side because of his clear-cut military perspective and his extensive background in Special Ops. Together they announce the pre-publication launch of their book about the tragedy of Extortion 17:
BETRAYED Exposing the High Cost of the War on Terror: The Shocking Sacrifice of America’s Special Ops Forces With Foreword By Lt. General Jerry Boykin (US Army, Ret.)
The book goes beyond what was discussed in the press conference of May 9th, 2013 at the National Press Club by multiple family members of the fallen and noted members of the military. It exposes the political policies and failed ideology that precipitated the unnecessary take down of Extortion 17. This heart-wrenching book of a father’s search for truth about his son’s death is a must-read. Click on the book, button, or this link to reserve your copy at the reduced July rate of $12.95.
The book also raises awareness regarding the possible infiltration of the Taliban into the Afghan Government and sheds light on other security issues. In it you’ll read sworn testimony by military personnel present in theatre on the night of the crash.
The official release of the book will be next month in August, the 2nd anniversary of the demise of Extortion 17 and the death of 30 American warriors. The warriors on that CH-47 Chinook helicopter were compromised by their leaders:
- • the same ‘leaders’ who stood by and did nothing as a national embassy was overrun,
- • the same ‘leaders’ who have ordered surveillance on Americans through the NSA,
- • the same ‘leaders’ who have used the IRS to stymie voices of dissent in our country,
- • the same ‘leaders’ who investigated the press and media and singled out news organizations,
- • the same ‘leaders’ who force unwanted and crushing regulations and laws upon us,
- • the same ‘leaders’ that leave not just our fighting men and women at risk, but our country, our homes, and our families unprotected and unsafe.
The book is being offered for pre-publication sale as of July 4th, as a way of honoring our founding fathers, and the many brave men and women who continuously put their lives on the line to declare America’s freedom from tyranny and terror.
A portion of the proceeds from the book will go to the Scott Vallely Soldiers Memorial Fund, which supports families of fallen soldiers, their families, and those who are stepping up to serve; and Operation 300, which supports specifically the children of fallen warriors.