Thugs of a feather ....... Stanley Cohen with fascist brownshirt Mona Eltahawy
Interesting. I would have thought that Hamas's lawyer Stanley Cohen would have been charged under the Logan Act, but this works. Stanley Cohen was charged in a Manhattan federal court indictment with wire fraud and failing to file income taxes for 2005 to 2010. Ah, beautiful justice.
Has Mona attacked the DA with a can of pink WMD yet? Takbir!
in the 1990s Cohen teamed up with William Kunstler, Lynne Stewart, and Ramsey Clark to defend Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, the al Qaeda-linked Islamic Group leader who was prosecuted for his role in a number of terror plots, including the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
From 1995-97, Cohen represented Moussa Mohammed Abu Marzook, a senior Hamas political leader who co-founded the Islamic Association for Palestine and the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (both terror-related organizations). Specifically, Cohen worked to thwart Israel's effort to extradite Marzook out of the U.S. and try him for the role that he and Hamas had played in a number of bombings. As the Marzook case dragged on for some 22 months, Cohen visited his incarcerated client in jail almost nightly throughout that entire period. Ultimately, Cohen was successful in helping Marzook win his freedom, evade the Israeli justice system, and resettle in Syria. Articulating his high regard for Marzook, Cohen would later refer to him as “my dear friend” and “the Gerry Adams of Hamas.”
Other noteworthy Islamists whom Cohen has defended include the following:
- a contingent of Albanian Muslim mercenaries bound for Kosovoin the 1990s
- Mazin Assi, a Palestinian who tried to firebomb a Riverdale, New York synagogue on the eve of Yom Kippur in 2000
- the al-Qaeda-affiliated Texas Imam, Moataz Al-Hallak
- the Oregon-based Imam and terror suspect Mohamed Kariye, arrested for possessing trace explosives while boarding a plane at Portland International Airport
- Patrice Lumumba Ford, a member of the Portland Seven cell of Islamic terrorists who conspired to levy war against the United States by providing material support, resources, and services to al Qaeda and the Taliban
- Abdurahman Alamoudi, a self-identified supporter of Hamas and Hezbollah, who illegally accepted $340,000 in cash from the Libyan government
- 9/11 conspirator Hazem Ragab, co-founder of the al Qaeda-affiliated Global Relief Foundation
- the Osama bin Laden-connected terrorist Wadih el-Hage, convicted of conspiracy in the deadly 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings in East Africa
- a Syrian national who was an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1998 U.S. Embassy bombings (in East Africa) and the 2000 attack on the USS Cole
- the Hamas operatives/suspected money launderers Abdelhaleem Ashqar and Ismail Elbarasse
- a Palestinian-American who was jailed for refusing to provide grand jury testimony about Hamas
- Amina Farah Ali, a Minnesota Muslim woman convicted of conspiring to provide material support to the al Qaeda-affiliated, Somali terrorist organization al-Shabaab
- Mohamed Aleesa, who in 2011 pled guilty to charges that he had tried to join al-Shabaab
- Mohamed Hammoud, a North Carolina-based Hezbollah operative convicted in 2002 of sending $3,500 to that organization
- an Iranian-American international charity and relief organizer accused of violating Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions against Iran
- Mufid Abdulqader, a Hamas fundraiser and the younger half-brother of Hamas supreme political leader Khaled Mashal
Lawyer for jihad terrorists and anti-free speech fascist indicted for wire fraud and failure to file income taxes (thanks to Robert Spencer) Stanley Cohen describes himself as a "'Certified Selfloathing' Jew. AntiZionist." Besides the jihad terrorists below and jihad enabling lawyer Lynne Stewart, he also represents the anti-free speech thug Mona Eltahawy, who faces trial for vandalizing one of our pro-Israel ads in the New York subway.
‘Terrorist’-repping lawyer indicted over $3M in income," by Rich Calder for the New York Post, December 18 (thanks to Maxwell):A terror-loving top attorney whose clientele has included Osama bin Laden’s son-in-law and jihadist loving Lynne Stewart was indicted Thursday for failing to report more than $3 million in income.
Stanley Cohen was charged in a Manhattan federal court indictment with wire fraud and failing to file income taxes for 2005 to 2010 and faces up to 20 years in prison. He currently has similar tax changes pending in federal court in Syracuse.
Cohen could not be reached for comment but has previously claimed the feds are on a “witch hunt” to get him.
“This is the culmination of at least five years of harassing me, of seeking to silence me,” he told The Associated Press last year after being busted on the federal tax charges in Syracuse.
Cohen represented Stewart, who was convicted in 2005 of letting one of her clients, blind Sheik Omar Abdel-Rahman, communicate with a man who relayed messages to senior members of an Egyptian-based terrorist organization.
His current clients include bin Laden’s son-in-law Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, who is facing terror charges of conspiring to kill Americans.