"We address the international [conscience] and all national leaders that they understand and believe that what is happening in Egypt now is not a political struggle between different factions, but a war against terrorism" Statement of the Catholic Church in Egypt
The Catholic and Coptic churches stand with the Egyptian military. They make powerful statements -- statements that will put their people in even graver danger. Shouldn't "humanitarian" Western governments take heed?
Egypt's intellectuals defend Mursi's Ouster: "It Is a reflection of the people's will, not An anti-democratic military coup."
The enemedia is aligned with the jihad force. If you want to know what's actually happening around the world, read Atlas and Jihadwatch. We have had it right from day one.
"For Egypt's Christian Churches, Western Media With Their Lies Help Islamists" AINA, August 21, 2013
Cairo -- The Coptic Orthodox and Catholic Churches offer their full support to the police and to the government.
Both condemn media falsifications spread by Western countries, which give space to terrorist and bloodthirsty organisations responsible for attacks against 58 churches and 160 Christian buildings (pictured).
"We request that the international and western media provide a comprehensive account of all events with truth, accuracy, and honesty," said the statement made on behalf of Tawadros II.
In representation of the Catholic Church, Bishop Isaac Ibrahim, Patriarch of Alexandria of the Catholic Copts, slammed the "those media that promote lies and falsify the truth in order to mislead world public opinion."
Both communities would like to thank everyone, especially Muslims, who defended Christian churches, homes and shops, even at the cost of their life, from attacks from Islamic extremists.
The two statements follow in full:
Statement of the Catholic Church in Egypt
With pain, but also with hope, the Catholic Church in Egypt is following what our country is experiencing: terrorist attacks, killings and the burning of churches, schools and state institutions. Therefore, out of love for our country and in solidarity with all lovers of Egypt, Christians and Muslims, we are trying to do our best to communicate with friendly organizations around the world to clarify for them the reality of events taking place in our country. We would like to express the following:
- Our free, strong and conscious support for all state institutions, particularly the Armed Forces and the police for all their efforts in protecting our homeland.
- Our appreciation of sincere nations to understand the nature of events while flatly rejecting any attempt to interfere in the internal affairs of Egypt or to influence its sovereign decisions whatever the direction might be.
- Our thanks to all Egyptian and international media that report the news and events objectively and impartially while condemning those media that promote lies and falsify the truth in order to mislead world public opinion.
- Our thanks to our honorable Muslim compatriots who have stood by our side, as far as they could, in defending our churches and our institutions.
- Lastly, we address the international conscious and all national leaders that they understand and believe that what is happening in Egypt now is not a political struggle between different factions, but a war against terrorism.
- In conclusion, we express our condolences to all families and relatives of the victims. We ask the Lord to heal all the injured.
A Statement from the Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt about the situation in Egypt
The Coptic Orthodox Church of Egypt is following closely the unfortunate incidences occurring in our nation and confirms its strong stance with the Egyptian law enforcement, the armed forces, and all civil Egyptian institutions in confronting violent armed organizations and dark malicious forces, both internal and external. The attacks on our government entities and peaceful churches are terrorizing our citizens both Coptic and Muslim. These actions stand against all religions, morality, and humanity.
We value the stance of the friendly and loyal countries who understand the nature of these events. We strongly denounce the fallacies broadcasted by the western media and invite them to review the facts objectively regarding these bloody radical organizations and their affiliates instead of legitimizing them with global support and political protection while they attempt to spread devastation and destruction in our dear land. We request that the international and western media adhere to providing a comprehensive account of all events with truth, accuracy, and honesty.
Our sincere condolences are extended to all the victims and martyrs of duty that gave their lives, and we pray for the recovery of all those injured and afflicted. We persevere in our strong national unity and repulse any attempts to polarize our great nation into a secular conflict. We absolutely reject even partial foreign interference in our internal affairs. As the hand of evil extends to burn, kill and destroy; the Hands of God are nearer to protect, strengthen, and build. We have full faith and confidence in the Divine intervention that will navigate the Egyptian people in this delicate time of our history to a better tomorrow and a brighter future filled with justice, peace, and democracy that the people of the Nile Valley so rightly deserve.
Long live Egypt, free and proud.