'We are above the law of the land' WND, March 3, 2013
Muslim's stunning claim at Texas rally for Islam
A leader for the Texas branch of the Council on American Islamic Relations has told a crowd at a rally for Islam that members of the faith really shouldn’t be bound by American law.
“If we are practicing Muslims, we are above the law of the land,” said Mustafa Carroll, the executive director of the Dallas-Fort Worth CAIR branch, a keynote speaker as the recent rally.
The event was a rally in Austin, a part of the nationwide effort to hold “Muslim Capitol Day” events.
CAIR itself has been under investigation for its documented ties to terrorist organizations in the past.
- CAIR funded the Holy Land Foundation, which was used to funnel money to Hamas. President Bush shut down Holy Land Foundation, which CAIR called “unjust” and “disturbing.”
- CAIR denied Osama Bin Laden was behind 9/11, even though Bin Laden said so on camera.
- CAIR demanded removal of a billboard in Los Angeles in 1998 that described Osama bin Laden as “the sworn enemy,” saying that this description was “offensive to Muslims.” [Osama had by this point released his Declaration of War on the United States.]
- CAIR called the conviction of the 1993 WTC bombers “a travesty of justice.”
- CAIR called the conviction of Omar Abdel Rahman, the blind sheikh who planned to blow up New York City landmarks, a “hate crime.”
- CAIR labeled the extradition order for suspected Hamas terrorist Mousa Abu Marook “anti-Islamic” and “anti-American.”
CAIR also had on its advisory board Siraj Wahhaj, an unindicted co-conspirator in the attempted 1993 WTC bombings. It was the same Siraj Wahhaj who was asked to deliver the “Juma,” or invocation at the Democratic National Convention for President Obama. He also once remarked, “It is my duty and our duty as Muslims to replace the U.S. Constitution with the Quran.”