Thanks to Atlas reader Fern for sending along this wealth of information on what is happening now in Israel and Gaza:
Updates from Debka.com
• Exchange of fire on Golan - November 18, 2012
Israeli artillery shot back across the Syrian Golan border after an IDF patrol near Tel Hazaka came under small arms fire from a Syrian position. A shell from the same position fell short on the Syrian side. [Debka.com]
• Israel launches fresh, major air-sea attack in Gaza after Hamas spurns ceasefire - November 18, 2012
Israel launched heavy air-sea assaults in Gaza before dawn Sunday, Nov. 18 after bargaining among Washington, Jerusalem, Cairo and Gaza failed to produce a truce accord. Israel accused Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and Turkish premier Tayyip Erdogan of pushing Hamas’s terms to support its pose as victor. Israel’s war leaders, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, countered by intensifying the Gaza offensive – though not yet on the ground. [Debka.com]
Updates from www.twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson
• Targeted overnight in Gaza: Hamas’ Saraya primary training&command base, communications facility, underground rocket launchers & operatives
• In last four days, nearly 500 rockets fired from Gaza hit Israel - another 267 were intercepted by the Iron Dome system.
• 5 Israeli civilians injured today
• This missile means Hamas' rockets can reach over 3.5 million Israelis. http://youtu.be/g3TOYFfNQoY Like the one aimed at TLV today
• Photo: Iron Dome missile being launched to intercept a rocket from Gaza. Same system to intercept today's TLV missile pic.twitter.com/CsLl9LFc
• Short while ago, Israeli Navy targeted several Hamas terror sites in the Gaza Strip.
• Video: These are the kind of underground rocket launchers the IDF has been targeting in the past few days. http://youtu.be/gq_IZlBICeU
• When IDF targeted house of Hamas military chief, secondary explosions belied massive amounts of ammo stored there http://youtu.be/NB6LpbV99Pc
• Hamas has a long history of misinformation. Let's take a look at yesterday's most recent examples http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl0lMjI1d5c … Gaza
• A short while ago, the IDF targeted two smuggling tunnels belonging to terrorist groups in the Gaza Strip.
Hamas keeps on trying to hit Israel’s nuclear reactor