UPDATE: Bloomberg says no dice, we have the First Amendment.
Hamas in America, CAIR, is using its political lackeys and media tools to impose blasphemy restrictions on free speech.
We have the overwhelming support of the American people, but Islamic supremacists do not respect our fundamental freedoms. They intend to destroy our freedoms from within, in accord with their Muslim Brotherhood stated goal of "eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within and sabotaging its miserable house." Now they are going over the heads of the American people and appealing straight to their power base: Ayatollah Bloomberg and their other lackeys.
According to Robert Spencer, CAIR is "an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case — so named by the Justice Department – and ... CAIR operatives have repeatedly refused to denounce Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist groups....Several former CAIR officials have been convicted of various crimes related to jihad terror, and...CAIR’s cofounder and longtime Board chairman (Omar Ahmad), as well as its chief spokesman (Ibrahim Hooper), have made Islamic supremacist statements....CAIR’s California chapter distributed posters telling Muslims not to talk to the FBI." (More from Spencer on CAIR here):
CAIR has attempted to intimidate the FBI and JTTF and dictate their choice of speakers, and in doing so retailed numerous false charges, defamation, distortions, and outright lies about me, SIOA, and Pamela Geller.
CAIR has a long record of duplicity and deception. Although it has received millions of dollars in donations from foreign Islamic entities, it has not registered as a foreign agent as required by the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), despite spreading Islamic supremacist propaganda within the United States.
Although it presents itself as a civil rights group, CAIR actually has numerous links to Islamic supremacist and jihad groups. CAIR founders Omar Ahmad and Niwad Awad (who still serves as CAIR's executive director) were present at a Hamas planning meeting in Philadelphia in 1993 where they and other Hamas operatives conspired to raise funds for Hamas and to promote jihad in the Middle East. CAIR has steadfastly refused to denounce Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist groups.
Several former CAIR officials have been convicted of various crimes related to jihad terror:
* Ghassan Elashi, founder of CAIR's Texas chapter, in 2009 received a 65-year prison sentence for funneling over $12 million from the Islamic charity known as the Holy Land Foundation to the jihad terrorist group Hamas, which is responsible for murdering hundreds of Israeli civilians
* Mousa Abu Marzook, a former CAIR official, was in 1995 designated by the U.S. government in 1995 as a "terrorist and Hamas leader." He now is a Hamas leader in Syria.
* Randall Royer, CAIR's former civil rights coordinator, in 2004 began serving a 20-year prison sentence for aiding al-Qaida and the Taliban against American troops in Afghanistan and recruiting for Lashkar e-Taiba, the jihadist group responsible for the 2008 Mumbai jihad massacres.
* Bassem Khafagi, CAIR's former community relations director, was arrested for involvement with the Islamic Assembly of North America, which was linked to al-Qaida. After pleading guilty to visa and bank fraud charges, Khafagi was deported.
* Rabih Haddad, a former CAIR fundraiser, was deported for his work with the Global Relief Foundation (which he co-founded), a terror-financing organization.
In 1998 Omar Ahmad, CAIR's co-founder and longtime Board Chairman, said: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."
After he received unwelcome publicity as a result of this statement, Ahmad denied saying it, several years after the fact. However, the original reporter, Lisa Gardiner of the Fremont Argus, stands by her story.
CAIR's spokesman Ibrahim Hooper once said: "I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future."
CAIR-New York ACTION ALERT | Fri Sept 21, 2012
Tell Mayor Bloomberg & the MTA to Stop Hate in New York
This week the New York Times reported that racist advertisements paid for by a designated anti-Muslim hate group will appear in New York City subways this Monday. The New York Chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-NY) was aware of this possibility and has organized with a broad coalition of community organizations to combat these hate ads. Last week CAIR-NY submitted a letter to Mayor Micheal [sic] Bloomberg and the Cheif Executive Officer of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) Mr. Joseph Lhota requesting immidiate [sic] action to combat the anti-Muslim bigotry and hatred promoted in the ads. The signatories who joined us include the 9/11 Community for Common Ground Initiative, Arab American Association of New York, Auburn Seminary, Groundswell, Intersections International, the Interfaith Center of New York, Jews Against Islamophobia, Jews for Racial and Economic Justice, Jewish Voice for Peace-Westchester, Muslim Consultative Network, National Disaster Interfaiths Network, New York Disaster Interfaith Services, Rabbis for Human Rights-North America, September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, the Sikh Coaltiion, UNITED SIKHS, WESPAC Foundation, and Women in Islam.