Who said there are no Muslim comedians? Calling in a bomb threat is just so, so funny. And watching the subsequent terror alert is a real kneeslapper.
The subsequent panic was clearly islamophobia.
The fact that this monster was not fired, and worse still, not disciplined at all, speaks to the institutionalized dhimmitude in the decaying state of Britain. This was a terror attack of sorts, "just weeks away from the biggest security operation in Dorset's history."
"Police officer caused major terror alert after ringing colleagues with a coded ‘bomb threat’ for a joke" Daily Mail, July 24, 212, (thanks to David)
PC Hatef Nezami said bomb was on Condor ferry based in Poole, Dorset Boat was already sailing to Channel Islands packed with people Mr Nezami believed to have tried to call back and reveal 'joke' but took half an hour due to busy lines It is understood that Mr Nezami has not faced criminal or disciplinary proceedings for incident Patrick Mercer, chairman of Terrorism sub-committee: 'I feel that the Home Secretary should step in and look at this'
A police officer caused a major terrorism alert after ringing a busy port with a hoax bomb threat.
PC Hatef Nezami, 48, rang colleagues at the police Special Branch office with a coded message that a device was placed in a busy port.
Specialist terrorism staff were so concerned by the call's authentic nature that they started preparing for a full terrorist attack.
The constable, who has completed a regional Special Branch terrorism course, said that a bomb was on a Condor ferry based in Poole, Dorset.
However at the time of his call, the ferry was actually sailing across the English Channel packed full of people travelling to the Channel Islands.
Remarkably, the Daily Mail understands that Mr Nezami, who has worked as a detective, has not faced criminal or disciplinary proceedings and was simply placed on uniform patrol at another station.
The maximum penalty for making a hoax bomb threat is a prison sentence of seven years.
Mr Nezami was seen leaving his three-bedroom townhouse in Bournemouth in police uniform before travelling to a local police station on two days last week.
It is a major embarrassment for Dorset Police which is currently in a major security operation patrolling the upcoming Olympic sailing events in nearby Weymouth.
All officers have had leave cancelled and specialist firearms teams from forces across the country have been drafted in to patrol the stretch of water near where the bomb hoax was said to be.
Senior officers in the force are frustrated that the matter has not been taken further and believe a criminal investigation should be launched.One officer even joked that he was "testing out the systems" and that has been given as the official line if anyone questions the incident. 'It would have been a totally different story if this was a member of the public doing this just weeks away from the biggest security operation in Dorset's history.'
Patrick Mercer, chairman of the Terrorism sub-committee, said: 'If these allegations prove to be true then it seems to me very odd that this officer has not been prosecuted.
'I feel that the Home Secretary should step in and look at this.'
Mr Nezami refused to deny the allegations when asked three times. He said: 'I'm not willing to speak to you on this or any other matter.'