By their fruits ye shall know them, and so we know him. Stop beating people up for being logical. Robert Spencer explains, referencing a 2010 article of mine to fisk a spectacularly clueless Slate article:
The Leftist media just can't figure out why people would think Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim. They think, as this witless article in Slate shows, that it must be because of his name, or his race. It never occurs to them, or they deliberately wish to obfuscate the fact, that Obama has repeatedly reinforced this impression throughout his presidency. Whether he is a Muslim or not, he has acted favorably toward Islam and Islamic supremacism from the day he took office. Pamela Geller included a lengthy but still partial list of the many ways he has done so in an article she wrote in June 2010:
- March 2009: Obama declares the "war on terror" is over, despite a dramatic increase in jihad war ops.
- March 2009: he floats the idea that he will talk to violent, genocidal Hamas.
- March 2009: he demands that more Muslim Americans work in the Obama administration and insists that they be recruited.
- April 2009: Obama tells Europe to admit Islamic Turkey into the EU, much to the consternation of the Europeans.
- April 2009: Obama demands that non-Muslims respect Islam (despite our differences) in a speech in Turkey.
- April 2009: Obama says in a speech from Turkey, "We are not a Christian nation."
- April 2009: Dalia Mogahed, the first hijab-clad senior adviser to Obama on Muslim affairs, says in an interview with terrorist- and jihad-supporting Sheik Yusuf Qaradawi's website, "Many have claimed that terrorists have 'hijacked Islam.' I disagree. I think Islam is safe and thriving in the lives of Muslims around the world. What the terrorists have been allowed to take over are Muslim grievances."
- April 2009: Obama lays groundwork for a partnership with Hamas.
- May 2009: Obama promises to offer his "personal commitment" to Muslims.
- May 2009: Obama calls America "one of the largest Muslim countries on the planet."
- June 2009: Obama invites the Muslim Brotherhood, a violent global jihadist group whose sole objective is a universal caliphate, to his speech to the ummah (Muslim community) in Cairo.
- June 2009: Obama makes a stunning speech to the Muslim world from Al Azhar University in Cairo. It defies explanation.
- July 2009: Obama reaches out to the violent jihadists of Hezb'allah.
- July 2009: Obama creates a new office at the State Department, Outreach to the Worldwide Muslim community, reporting directly to Hillary Clinton.
- July 2009: The State Department Welcomes Hamas mouthpiece Al-Quds TV to D.C. to film Propaganda.
- Obama promises to close GITMO.
- Obama is rebuked when plans are revealed for CIA prosecutions for 911 interrogations: Seven Ex-chiefs of CIA Oppose Case Review: ALL Sign letter to Stop CIA Persecutions.
- In July 2009, Obama sanctions the brutal crackdown of those marching for freedom in Iran and sides with the mullahcracy. He stands silent about the Iranian regime's mass executions, mass rape, and murder.
- July 2009: Obama plans to slash the U.S. nuclear arsenal.
- September 2009: Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. John Bolton on Obama at the U.N.: "This is the most radical anti-Israel speech I can recall any president making...I have to say I was very shaken by this speech."
- October 2009: Obama offers millions in Muslim technology fund.
- November 2009, Fort Hood Jihad Coverup: Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe, Warns Against Turning Tragedy Into "Political Theater"
- November 2009: Obama offers the Taliban control of the Kandahar, Helmand, Oruzgan, Kunar, and Nuristan provinces, in return for a halt to the Taliban missile attacks on U.S. bases.
- November 2009: Obama reaches out to bloodthirsty jihadis in the Philippines.
- On Thanksgiving eve, Obama issues a special Hajj message to the world's Muslims.
- December 2009: Obama's "Non-Religious" White House Christmas and No Christmas Gifts for his Kids.
- February 2010: Obama names a Hafiz to the Organization of the Islamic Conference. "And as a hafiz of the Koran, [Hussain] is a respected member of the American Muslim community," Obama said in his message to the Doha meeting, using the Arabic world for someone who has memorized the Islamic holy book.
- February 2010: Obama cuts U.S. space program, orders NASA to work with Muslim countries
- February 2010: Covering up for jihadists in the White House.
- Obama's counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, Involved in Obama Passport Breach
- March 2010: Obama Obsession with Islam: Calls "entrepreneurship summit" with Muslims.
- April 2010: Libyan President Gaddafi Praises Obama: "Barakeh Obama is friend"; "He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported..."
- May 2010: Obama's Counterterrorism Adviser Calls Jihad "Legitimate Tenet of Islam."
- May 2010: White House Pro-Terrorism John Brennan Speechifies in Arabic, Equates Terrorists with Shoplifters, Lawmakers Call for his Firing.
- June 2010: Obama equivocates on the jihad warship convoy (affectionately named a "flotilla" by the media): Obama "Expressed a Deep Regret Over Loss of [Jihadist] Life"
- June 2010: Obama administration to Support Anti-Israel Resolution at U.N.
And that's just up to June 2010. It isn't as if he has changed course since then. And while he did approve of the killings of bin Laden and al-Awlaki, he has never done anything or said anything negative about the non-violent advance of Sharia in the Islamic world or in the West, including the U.S.
"The Muslim Rumor That Just Won't Die," by Matt Taylor for Slate, June 22 (thanks to Kenneth):Ever since he began running for president in 2007, Barack Obama has been dogged by rumors that he's secretly a Muslim. Whether it's his exotic name and background, the color of his skin, or (most likely) some combination of the two, the Muslim lie just doesn't seem to go away.
Each time it has begun to fade from public discussion, the Muslim rumor has cropped up again, like it did last year when real estate tycoon Donald Trump, who was publicly weighing a presidential bid at the time, insisted he had evidence showing Obama wasn't born in the United States (and that his birth certificate might show that he's Muslim).
In response, the president eventually took the extraordinary step of releasing his long form birth ceritificate [sic], which showed he was born in Hawaii as claimed. But a new Gallup poll finds that even now, a healthy chunk of Americans believe the rumor:
Just 34% of Americans correctly say U.S. President Barack Obama is a Christian, while 44% say they don't know Obama's religion and 11% say he is a Muslim.
Obama is a Christian and has labeled himself as such as in his writings and interviews, and while living in Chicago he attended the Trinity United Church of Christ. Since moving into the White House, Obama has attended several different Christian churches....
Many Americans Can't Name Obama's Religion Gallup Politics June 22
PRINCETON, NJ -- Just 34% of Americans correctly say U.S. President Barack Obama is a Christian, while 44% say they don't know Obama's religion and 11% say he is a Muslim.
Obama is a Christian and has labeled himself as such as in his writings and interviews, and while living in Chicago he attended the Trinity United Church of Christ. Since moving into the White House, Obama has attended several different Christian churches.
Americans are indeed more likely to say Obama is a Christian -- mostly a generic "Christian" or "Protestant" -- than to say he identifies with any other religion. In addition to those who name a specific religion or don't offer a guess, 8% say he does not have a religious affiliation.
Americans are more likely to know Mitt Romney's religion than Obama's religion, with most Americans correctly saying Romney is a Mormon and a smaller 33% saying they don't know.
Eighteen Percent of Republicans Say Obama Is a Muslim
Democrats are more likely than Republicans to be able to name a religious faith for Obama, and are more likely to say Obama is a Christian. Just 3% of Democrats say Obama is a Muslim.
Republicans are less likely than Democrats to say what Obama's faith is and are more likely to say Obama is a Muslim. It is unclear whether the 18% of Republicans who say Obama is a Muslim do so because they truly believe this is his religion, or because it is a politically charged idea.