Mein Kampf is making a comeback in Germany (it is the number one bestseller in Turkey and the Middle East). I betcha it will be a huge hit with those same followers of ........ peace.
Mein Kampf to return to German schools 67 years after last copy of Hitler's hate-filled book was printed there Daily Mail Hat tip David.
- Bavaria, which owns copyright but has not allowed publication, says it's time to print 'annotated' version By Allan Hall
Adolf Hiter’s autobiography Mein Kampf - a hate-filled book post-war Germany has fought to keep out of the bookshops - is to make a comeback in schools.
German authorities announced today that when the copyright to the hate-filled tome expires in three years’ time, an ‘annotated’ version will be made available to students across the country.
The state of Bavaria, which became the heir to all of Hitler’s works, property and money following his 1945 suicide in Berlin, said it was important for Germany to publish versions for children with expert analysis and comments from historians in them which refute his ideology.
Mein Kampf: The hate-filled book has not been printed in Germany for 70 years. But Bavaria want to produce an annotated version before it loses ownership of its copyright in three years time
While the book is not illegal in Germany, the state has not allowed it to be printed amid fears that it could promote Nazism.
Other countries have printed foreign-language editions since then, despite the restrictions but Germans have been unable to get a newly-printed version in their own language for 67 years.
But now Bavaria has now given permission for the rest of Germany to freely print the book, with includes diatribes against Jews and Slavs and the prophecy of a German war of conquest in the east.
WHAT WAS MEIN KAMPF?
- Mein Kampf, which translates as My Struggle or My Battle, combines elements of autobiography and Adolf Hitler's political ideology.
- It was written while the Nazi leader was in jail following the failed 1923 Munich Pusch and was published in 1925.
- It includes racist diatribes against Jews and their ‘twin evil’, communism.
- He argued that Germany would be forced to fight a war in the east as it secured ‘lebensraum’ – or living room – for its citizens at the expense of Slavs, whom he also viewed as inferior.
- It explains why aggressively expanded Germany eastward, specifically the invasions of Czechoslovakia and Poland, before he launched his attack against Russia.
- As a form of manifesto, he also argued that Germany would be better off without parliamentary government, which he blamed for the country’s problems.
'The editions we plan will contain comments from experts that are clearly understandable to the young so they can clearly understand and therefore interpet the dangerous ideas within,' announced Bavaria’s finance minister Markus Soeder in Nuremberg.
'We will demystify this work.'
Recently Bavaria successfully saw off attempts by a British publisher to produce extracts of Hitler’s book in magazine format.
The book was once a bigger seller during the days of the Third Reich than the Bible and royalties from it made Hitler incredibly wealthy.
But since Nazism was vanquished successive governments have always been afraid of allowing it to be re-printed because of fears that it would influence new generations of far-right radicals.
Far-right radicals? It is a huge bestseller in the Muslim world. No concerns there, eh? Why because Jew-hatred is sanctioned in the quran?
But with the rise of the Internet and numerous pirated copies of the work published abroad, Bavaria believes it is better to have some control over the work when the state loses its copyright than none at all.
In the book Hitler pours scorn on Jews, outlines his plans for the racial conquest of the Soviet Union and promises his followers of an empire that would last 1,000 years.
Read the rest.