I thought cops stuck together, like brothers. In Chicago, not so much.
Look at this pathetic cop from Obamatown (Chicago) selling out his brothers to ..... the Hamas-CAIR enemy. Either McCarthy is a weak tool, or he figures the jihadists aren't targeting a second-calls city like Chicago anyway. New York, on the other hand, is a jewel, the capital of the world.
McCarthy probably doesn't trust the notorious hater Ahmed Rehab as far as he can throw him. But even so, he shouldn't give this subversive the imprimatur of legitimacy. Shame on Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy.
Way to blast to the world what a soft target you are (if anyone is even interested in Chicago).
The thing is, NYPD counter-terror works.
Chicago Tribune News, February 28, 2012 (hat tip Kne)
A Chicago area Muslim leader says Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy has promised that his officers will not conduct the kind of surveillance of Muslims done by the New York Police Department.
Ahmed Rehab of the Council on American-Islamic Relations' Chicago office says he and representatives from the Jewish and immigrant communities met with McCarthy on Tuesday morning.
Dhimmi Jews. Sheesh.
Rehab had expressed concerns after The Associated Press reported last week that NYPD officers put Muslims under surveillance in Newark, N.J., when McCarthy was that city's police chief. But he says he's satisfied McCarthy respects people's civil rights.
Rehab says McCarthy told him that the Newark department's participation in the surveillance was minimal and legal. Rehab says he was impressed with McCarthy's willingness to meet with him.
Why did the Chicago top cop sell out the NYPD? Jealous, maybe. No constitutional protections were contravened. These jihadist sites, Islamic forums etc are all public. And we know so many Muslims get "radicalized" online.
This is a naked attempt to intimidate law enforcement into dropping all efforts to stop jihad terror plots. How many have to die before this is justified. 3,000 on September 11, 2001 wasn't enough?
Mayor Bloomberg bent over backwards to please the Muslim community, and even he is not backing down. Does anyone really think that Bloomberg, friend of Imam Rauf, whose office worked hard to get the Ground Zero Mosque past every legal hurdle, has suddenly turned on the Muslims in NYC and is trampling the Constitution to frame them? Does anyone believe anything that absurd? Bloomberg has defended the NYPD actions. Bloomberg has shown his solicitude for the Islamic community. The idea that he would skirt Constitutional protections in this surveillance is laughable.
We have thwarted 45 jihadi attacks in this country since 911. Over 200 have been arrested in thwarted terror plots.
The MSA (Muslim Students Association) is a Muslim Brotherhood org. The Brotherhood is dedicated in its own words to "eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within."
- On October 22, 2000, Ahmed Shama, then-president of the UCLA Muslim Students Association, led a crowd of demonstrators at the Israeli consulate in chants of “Death to Israel!” and “Death to the Jews!” One guest speaker at the event was Hussam Ayloush, a member of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which co-sponsored the rally. In his speech, Ayloush solicited contributions for the Holy Land Foundation, which was a supporter and fundraiser for Hamas.
- MSA members at UCLA have raised money for Hamas and Hezbollah terrorists at their annual “Anti-Zionist Week.”
- In March 2003, guest speaker Muhammad Faheed told an MSA meeting at Queensborough Community College in New York, “The only relationship you should have with America is to topple it!”
- At its Annual Conference in 2003, the Iowa MSA invited, as a guest speaker, CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad, who had previously, proudly identified himself as “a supporter of the Hamas movement.”
- The University of Southern California MSA invited Taliban ambassador Sayyid Hashimi to speak on campus six months before 9/11.
- The MSA chapter at California State University-Northridge held a fundraiser for Islamic Relief Worldwide, an organization that received a $50,000 contribution from a pro-Osama bin Laden front group based in Canada.
- In 2002, James Madison University’s MSA sponsored a “Jihad” panel that included Dr. Abdulrahman Hijazi, who had previously extolled an Islamic suicide bomber as a “martyr” whose actions were animated by hopes of securing “the mercy of Allah” by way of “one of the greatest good deeds, which is jihad.”
- In 2003, University of Idaho MSA president Sami Omar Al-Hussayen, who had sought access to a chemical lab containing nuclear material, was ordered deported because he worked for the al Qaeda-tied Islamic Assembly of North America.
- At the 7th annual MSA West Conference held at the University of Southern California in January 2005, former MSA UCLA member Ahmed Shama said: “We want to restore Islam to the leadership of society.… The goal … is the reestablishment of the Islamic form of government.” Shama praised Hamas and Hezbollah for being “uncompromising” on their principles, and for refusing to “shake hands with the other side.” He lauded the terrorist leader Muqtada al-Sadr for “legitimately fighting against [U.S.] occupation” in Iraq. He identified Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood as part of the “mainstream Islamic movement.” And he praised Hamas’ resolve that “the only solution to the current [Israeli] occupation is military resistance.”
- At the February 2006 MSA West Conference at Sacramento State University, guest speaker Abdel Malik-Ali praised the late Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin and rejoiced at Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s failing health. He also said, “Last week, we were all feeling so good – we were all feeling so good – because of what happened with Hamas” – a reference to the fact that the terrorist group had just won a large percentage of seats in the Palestinian Authority (PA) elections.
- At MSA's West Zone Conference on the UC-Berkeley campus in April 2007, MSA West president Amir Mertaban delivered a speech in which he emphasized the importance of unwavering loyalty to all fellow Muslims, regardless of what transgressions they may have committed: “Don't ever compromise on Islam! And don't ever compromise on your Muslim brothers and sisters in which you have no evidence. Osama bin Laden - I don't know this guy. I don't know what he did. I don't know what he said. I don't know what happened. But we defend Muslim brothers and we defend our Muslim sisters to the end.... In every aspect of Islam you are confident. Four wives? Yes men are allowed to have four wives within this context. Jihad? Yes Jihad! Jihad is the tightest thing in Islam. Don't compromise on these little things. Be proud of it. Why? Because Islam is a perfect religion.””
- Each year since 2005, MSA and many of its campus chapters have participated in "Israeli Apartheid Week," a series of events designed "to educate people about the nature of Israel as an apartheid system and to build Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaigns" against the Jewish state.