Join me today to fight the imposition of Islamic law (sharia). AFDI/SIOA is calling upon Tampa city and Florida state officials to conduct an honest and thorough investigation into the suspicious death of Fatima Abdallah.
We are calling upon State Attorney Mark Ober, Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Tampa City Council Members to recognize the numerous anomalies in the Tampa Police Department report that ruled Fatima Abdallah's death a suicide, and to open a genuine investigation into the possibility that she was murdered in an Islamic honor killing.
It appears that medical examiner Laura Hairs cared more about offending Muslims than American jurisprudence, human rights, gender apartheid and common decency. At the time of Fatima's death, Rifqa Bary, the Christian covert out of Islam, was making headline news in Florida. Bary's father had threatened to kill her under the sharia for leaving Islam and Rifqa had escaped to Florida. The battle to return Rifqa to her devout Muslim household raged in the Florida media (who vilified the young teen.) Clearly medical examiner Laura Hair thought an honor killing of a Muslim woman not 80 miles away from the Rifqa Bary apostasy trial would influence (and educate) non-Muslims to the danger of misogyny and subjugation of Muslim girls in pious Muslim homes.
Rifqa Bary made this stunning admission on August 10, 2009 when discovered in Florida after running away for fear of death (under the sharia.) Fatima Abdallah was brutally honor killed on August 17, 2009. The public battle on Rifqa Bary waged for months. Tampa Police Homicide Detective Sonja Wise reclassified this case from “Unexplained Death” to “Accidental Death” on October 13, 2009, based upon Dr. Harris’ autopsy report the very same day that a Florida court ruled that Rifqa Bary would be sent back to Ohio (albeit foster care, not to her devout Musim family home).
Does being a Muslim mean you can get away with murder?
Laura Hair should be brought up on charges.
Here is what we know -- thanks to former prosecutor John Jay for help in analyzing crime scene photos and evidence:
- Fatima Abdallah was 5’ 5” inches tall, and weighed 105 lbs
- According to the literature, traumatic tears to occipital lobe of the brain (at the back of the brain) are not common
- Her hemorrhage consisted of 100 cc’s (a little less than 1/10th of a quart) of fluid and coagulated blood, which is a large bleed
- Her entire jaw line, and the tissue under her chin, was very swollen and distended, all the way to her ear canals, which is near the insertion of the end of the jaw into the skull
- Her mouth was bloodied by a blow, and at the left corner of her mouth is an angular cut/incision/indentation, which only could have been made by a blow
- Her left eye orbit was broken, and her left eye socket was blackened, suffering a blow causing hemorrhaging of blood about the eye
- Her right arm had contusions at the front inside of the elbow, and at the shoulder near the front armpit, consistent with being grasped forcibly by human hands
- Her nose was broken, the nose cartilage detached from the nasal bone of the skull
- All the blows to her face appear concentrated upon the left side of the face, entirely consistent with having been struck very forcibly by a right handed person striking her, and wielding a closed fist, from her front
- All of the above is consistent with a very small person being struck repeated blows from the front by a right handed person, hitting her on the left side of the face, with enough force to break her nose, break her eye orbit, and to have dealt severe damage to her jaw.
- The pathologist should have suspected, and should have investigated this more thoroughly, that the trauma to Fatima abdallah was intentionally inflicted to her by another human being, or human beings working in concert to restrain and beat her.
There is one other factor involved, which is quite important.
- The pathologist noted multiple rib fractures on her left side, with hemorrhaging in the intercostal spaces between ribs 5-9. the literature establishes that such fractures usually occur at the posterior. these injuries are not consistent with a person flinging themselves to the ground, especially with all the facial and skull injuries were to the front.
- There were no subdural or subcutaneous injuries or bruises to fatima abdallah’s scalp, entirely inconsistent with death caused by flinging her head against hard surfaces, a finding which tends to be accepted by the pathologist based on witness reporting.
Mark Ober, State Attorney
Office of the State Attorney 13th Judicial Circuit
419 N. Pierce Street
Tampa, Florida 33602
Mark Ober, State Attorney
Karen Stanley, Chief Assistant State Attorney
Home Page Email
Tampa Mayor Chief of Staff