The root of production is man’s mind; the mind is an attribute of the individual and it does not work under orders, controls and compulsion, as centuries of stagnation have demonstrated. Progress cannot be planned by government, and it cannot be restricted or retarded; it can only be stopped, as every statist government has demonstrated. Ayn Rand.
If Weiner's abuse of power isn't right out of Ayn Rand's opus, I don't know what. NY Congressman Anthony Weiner said that he will hold a hearing on what he calls “TV Gold Dealers -- a Weinerian form of a bill of attainder against Goldline International and Glenn Beck."
Anthony Weiner is a dangerous demagogue. He is hardly talented or smart enough to be considered Machiavellian, but it is surely what he aspires to. He recently married Huma Abedin, Hillary's body double, after a fierce whispering campaign in the gay (and very left) community had her closerthanthanthis with Hillary. And Weiner does everything for a reason. The gossip was on fire back in November 2007 when Michael Musto, gossip of the dish, said they were involved in the downtown gossip rag extraordinaire, Paper, and another hippie bible, the Village Voice. The page was taken down, but here it is in the wayback machine.
Abedin grew up in Saudi Arabia. Her father was a leading "Islamic scholar." Whether Weiner had to convert to Islam for her remains to be known. But this is a political marriage, and Weiner is a very small, very dangerous little man. He does everything for a reason -- a calculating operator. There is not one dinner or event for Israel that I have attended where he doesn't show up, uninvited, and demand to speak for the "zionist" wing of the anti-semitic party (the Democrats). He gives the impression that he is Jewish (he is not), and works the Jewish vote while stabbing us in the back.
After reading this story, I am going to figure out how to buy a coin from Goldline. Seriously. They have to defend themselves against these trumped-up charges. This is criminal government out of control. They are going after anyone who speaks out against the new fascism in America.
This is a witchhunt.
Editorial of The New York Sun | September 17, 2010
What an astonishing set of issues has been opened up with the announcement yesterday by Congressman Anthony Weiner that he will hold a hearing on what he calls “TV Gold Dealers.” The congressman put out on his Web site yesterday a statement that makes the hearing seem like it will prepare a Weinerian form of a bill of attainder against Goldline International and Glenn Beck (not a Robo6 fav). Goldline is a dealer that Mr. Weiner characterized as using “conservative spokespeople like Fox News’ Glenn Beck to sell overpriced gold coins.”
It seems that one of the advantages perceived in respect of gold coins, as opposed to bullion, is that they would be less likely to be confiscated were the government to try in the current economic crisis, when the value of the dollar has collapsed to less than a 1,200th of an ounce of gold, to confiscate gold the way another Democratic administration, FDR’s, did during the Great Depression. Mr. Weiner seems to think that worrying about another Great Depression should be illegal.
One of the things Mr. Weiner’s bill would seek to do is prevent gold companies from hiding behind “false promises of profitablility.” The measure would require what Mr. Weiner calls “companies like Goldline” to “disclose the reasonable resale value of items being sold.” To which Ira Stoll, on the Website Futureofcapitalism.com, retorts: “Are Mr. Weiner and Chairman Bernanke also going to agree to print on every dollar the reasonable expectation that its value will be eroded by inflation?”
As Mr. Weiner was putting the announcement of his gold hearing up on his Web site, the former chairman of the Federal Reserve Board, Alan Greenspan, was over at the Council on Foreign Relations warning that “fiat money has no place to go but gold.” Our editorial yesterday quoted Mr. Greenspan: “If all currencies are moving up or down together, the question is: relative to what? Gold is the canary in the coal mine. It signals problems with respect to currency markets. Central banks should pay attention to it.”
UPDATE: More .....
The hearing will be based on a Congressional inquiry launched by Weiner in which he points to an alleged “unholy alliance” between Goldline and conservative commentators in the media.
- This week Scott Carter, Executive Vice President at Goldline, is testifying before a House Energy, Commerce and Consumer Protection subcommittee regarding Congressman Anthony Weiner’s proposed legislation to further regulate the precious metal industry. The hearing is part of the Congressman’s attack on Goldline and the conservative radio shows which Goldline sponsors.
- Although Goldline has enjoyed a stellar reputation for fifty years, has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and is only one of more than five thousand precious metals dealer, we believe Goldline is the only precious metals company asked to testify.
- Congressman Weiner has made it clear that both his legislation and this hearing are solely about Goldline and its sponsorship of conservative radio shows. In his most recent press release, he stated: “Goldline employs several conservative pundits to act as shills for its’ precious metal business, including Glenn Beck, Mike Huckabee, Laura Ingraham, and Fred Thompson. By drumming up public fears during financially uncertain times, conservative pundits are able to drive a false narrative.” http://bit.ly/ciWuL3 . His spokesperson also told CBS News, “Simply put, Goldline is little more than a gold peddler posing as an investment advisor, an unfortunate byproduct of the Tea Party movement." http://bit.ly/dk6RRw
- The political motivations of Congressman Weiner are exemplified by his use of these attacks to raise campaign funds. As you will see from this link, Congressman Alan Grayson solicited campaign contributions for Congressman Weiner by citing Mr. Weiner’s attack on Goldline: http://bit.ly/cMkoy5
- America’s fears about our economy are based upon facts, not “conservative” rhetoric. Unemployment hovers near 10%; the number of Americans living in poverty has grown with the highest single-year increase occurring after the Democrats gained control of Congress and the White House; our total government debt tops $13 trillion; the United States experienced the longest recession since the Great Depression; we have a record number of home foreclosures with 25% more foreclosures than a year ago; and the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office warns that our current debt is growing at an unsustainable level.