Check out the counter terror report (hat tip P.). Note that police found a handgun in the White Isuzu Trooper that he left parked in JFK's Parking Lot. Could have easily been a different result. The motive is self evident.
Zahra Nawz, the counter terror specialist who prepared this report failed to mention:
Pakistani government source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told TIME on Tuesday that the suspect had had ties with militants while in Pakistan. "He was here at a training camp," the source said. (Time magazine)
Are the leftoids still clicking their heels together and praying for a tea party motive? They love their ideas but hate people. They'd sooner see us all dead then abandon the fantastical delusions.
Car Bomb Arrest
Date: May 4, 2010; 10:4
AMNYPD SHIELD intelligence briefs are current as of the information cutoff date.
The information is therefore preliminary and subject to further analysis and revision.
Prepared By:Zahra Nawaz
Intelligence Research Specialist
- •Faisal Shahzad, a 30 year old, U.S. naturalized citizen of Pakistani origin was arrested at 11:45 p.m. on May 3, 2010 at JFK International Airport on an Emirates Airlines Flight 202 from New York City to Dubai
- •Flight 202 was about to take off when it was called back; two other passengers were questioned, but subsequently released
- •All passengers, luggage and the plane were screened before the flight departed at 6:29 a.m.on May 4
- •Shahzaddrove to the airport in a white Isuzu Trooper that was found in a parking lot with a handgun inside
- •He admitted to driving the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder loaded with gasoline, propane, fireworks and fertilizer into Times Square on Saturday, May 1st, 2010 , and claims to have acted alone
- •Shahzadis scheduled to appear at 500 Pearl Street Manhattan Federal Court on May 4, 2010, after 2 p.m. EST; the charges are not yet public
- •The Pathfinder’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) had been removed from the dashboard; but Police retrieved it from the engine block
- •The VIN enabled investigators to find the registered owner of the vehicle in Connecticut where it was sold to Shahzadfor $1,300 in cash.
- •Shahzadbecame a U.S. citizen on April 17, 2009 and due to his change in status, authorities had a recent picture and were able to show it to the vehicle’s seller who identified the suspect
- •Also, an email address Shahzadhad given the seller was used to trace him and a cell phone number was traced back to him.
- •Shahzadis a 30 year old naturalized American citizen of Pakistani origin; he is said to have been a resident of Karachi
- •He is married and has two young children, a boy and a girl, with whom he shared a home in Shelton, Connecticut, near Bridgeport , at 119 Long Hill Avenue, until May 2009, when he moved out.
- •Shazad’soccupation is not yet known; a neighbor speculated he worked on Wall Street
- •Shahzadhas traveled to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, most recently in June 2009 and returned to the U.S. in early February
- •A Pakistan Interior Ministry official said Shahzadhad been in Pakistan in April 2009 and departed on August 5th; there is conflicting information about the exact time of the visit with other reports placing him there in July-August 2009
- •Shahzadallegedly stayed in the port city of Karachi during that period while other reports said he traveled to Peshawar, close to the border with Afghanistan
- •New York City remains a major target for terrorist attacks
- •Vehicles loaded with incendiary materials could potentially cause significant damage
- •The arrest adds evidence that terrorist will go to great lengths to fit into our society while planning their attack on American citizens
- •The public’s cooperation and partnership with law enforcement authorities is critical for security in New York City neighborhoods
- •If You See Something, Say Something!
- 1-888-NYC-SAFE (1-888-692-7233)
NYPD Counterterrorism BureauCall Mayor Bloomberg and tell him to remove the CAIR-tied attorney from his Human Rights commission: SIOA CAMPAIGN OFFENSIVE: Fight for Removal of Un-indicted Co-Conspirator, Hamas linked CAIR Counsel/President and 911 Terror Lawyer From NYC Human Rights Commission