Ah yes, the moderates and their children. Ground Zero Glee? FBI: Terror suspect posed for celebratory photos at WTC site. The Massachusetts man arrested today on federal terrorism charges once traveled to New York City and posed for photos at ground zero showing him grinning widely and pointing one finger up in the air.
Father moves out of town weeks after son questioned by the FBI
- Media reports on the Boston terror arrest have named three individuals as conspirators in the plot to machine gun people in shopping malls and kill American officials.Two, Daniel Maldonado and Tareq Mehanna, are in custody. The third, however, Ahmad Abousamra, escaped to Syria after being questioned by the FBI in 2006.
- According to the complaint, it was Abousamra who introduced Maldonado and Mehanna to each other during an afternoon of watching “jihad videos” in which Islamic terrorists killed and mutilated American soldiers.
- Abousamra seems to be the most extremist of the three, as well as the one most educated in radical Islamist ideology. According to the criminal complaint:
- The Muslim American Society, according to Federal prosecutors, “was founded as the overt arm of the Muslim Brotherhood in America.” The Muslim Brotherhood is considered to be the first truly modern Islamic supremacist movement. As such, it has spawned or aided most of the Islamic terrorist organizations functioning around the globe today, including Al Qaeda, Hamas, and Lashkar-e-Taibah.
- In December of 2006, Abdul-Badi Abousamra suddenly left Boston and moved to Detroit, just weeks after his son was questioned by the FBI.
- In the 1990s, Abdul-Badi Abousamra became the president of the Islamic Center of New England (ICNE).
- By 1999, Abdul-Badi had also become president of the Islamic Academy of New England (IANE), a parochial school run by the ICNE. (He is still listed as the school’s president in filings with the MA Secretary of State.) By then, Hafiz Masood was teaching classes at IANE.
- After the Mumbai massacre, The Times of India reported that Hafiz Masood was, while in his role as Imam at the Islamic Center of New England, promoting extremism, raising funds, and recruiting for LeT.
- LeT was the first terrorist group, according to the criminal complaint, which Abousamra contacted when he decided to seek terrorist training.
- Abdul-Badi himself is briefly mentioned in the Mehanna criminal complaint: