It's back: the Saudi Islamic Academy that teaches jihad, grooms valedictorians cum presidential assassins, distributes hate textbooks etc., will have another hearing for their application to expand the school on state property. Bear in mind that two Christian schools were denied that same request. But it looks like the dhimmi board is going ahead. Make your voice heard.
READ THIS: I liveblogged the last hearing here: Atlas Shrugs: TWITTERING, LIVEBLOGGING, LIVESTREAMING THE SAUDI ... You can see how in the tank the panel is with the Islamists.
How in bed is the county with ISA (Islamic Saudi Academy)? ISA Opponents filed a complaint with Attorney General over Fairfax County Dinner Invitation by the Islamic Group. The Fairfax County government distributed invitations to a free dinner to learn about the religion of "peace and harmony" -- Islam. There is collusion between the county government and the Islamists and they operate as one every time the ISA or related issues come up. The Saudis have purchased the Fairfax County government.
Each speaker will be given a short three minutes to encourage the Board to vote it down. If you don't want to speak just go to the podium and say you oppose the approval of the ISA expansion proposal. Please sign up today.
James Lafferty, great American and leader of the Anti-Shariah Task Force, wrote this for Atlas:
The last hearing brought a huge wave of new support to our campaign to shut down the “academy” and unmask the undiluted Shariah which is being practiced and taught there.
The Fairfax County government has dropped even the appearance of being impartial in this “land use” dispute. The government’s official community outreach office sent out an invitation to a free dinner to learn about the real message of “peace and harmony” of Islam. It was distributed by official government e-mail to churches throughout the county and sent to some vocal opponents of the ISA.
Calls to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (see attached) from outside Virginia will help us drive home the fact that the “whole world is watching” and the Supervisors cannot afford to reinforce the stereotype of corrupt “Southern politicians” like those in the movies in which Rod Steiger played the Sheriff.
If you have questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The school deleted from its texts some of the most contentious passages, including references to Jihad, killing infidels and hatred of Jews and Christians.
But critics say the books are still "toxic" and contain more subtle references, such as criticism of secular forms of government.
Ali Al-Ahmed, director of the Gulf Institute, which has been pressing the school to make revision since 2004, told FOX News that the textbooks characterize secular governments as "committing unbelief and allowing us to wage war against them."
"So you're teaching American students -- implanting the seeds of insurgency in these people -- and this is very dangerous," Al-Ahmed said.
He added that the textbooks teach girls that they should not aspire to be judges or political leaders and when a girl gets married, she must ask her husband if she wants to leave the house.
The school has stood by its latest revision.
The U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom says it wants to look at the books but the Saudi government, which funds the academy, won't give the panel a copy.
"We can't figure out what the Saudi government has to hide and why they continually keep these secrets," said Felice Gaer, chairwoman of the commission.
Gaer's panel released a 2008 report commissioned by the U.S. Congress which stated the school's earlier textbooks contained several troubling passages, including one that claims it is permissible for Muslims to kill adulterers and converts from Islam, and another that claims "the Jews conspired against Islam and its people."
Gaer said the State Department should translate the textbooks and determine whether they encourage violence, which would be against the law.
The Islamic Saudi Academy developed new Islamic studies textbooks for all grades after a 2008 congressional report called portions of the previous editions troubling.
But Al-Ahmed said the Gulf Institute is putting together a detailed report on these textbooks that he says will show that the school "has been deceiving' the American people on its real intention".
There is a serious issue related to radical Islamic Wahabbists gaining a greater foothold in Fairfax/Fairfax County.
On July 13th, there will be a very important Fairfax County Planning Commission meeting to hear from the public about the Islamic Saudi Academy (ISA)’s request to expand their Shariah based school.
The ISA wants to replace the current building on the property with a very large two-story structure which will give them 10 times the square footage they have presently. There will be a place to meet and pray for student use only—this will be a mosque.
The Islamic Saudi Academy (ISA), founded, funded, and controlled by the Saudi Government, seeks to expand its school in Fairfax on Popes Head Road. Currently the ISA has two locations , an upper grade school near Ft Belvoir/Mt Vernon and a lower grade school in Fairfax. The Wahabbists want to consolidate all 900 (and growing) students at the Fairfax location.
At the center of the controversy are the school’s curriculum and the crimes committed by those who attended or worked at the ISA:
- Ismail Selim Elbarasse served as an accountant at ISA for 14 years before he was arrested for videotaping bridge structures including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in August, 2004. On the day of his arrest, he was also named as an “unindicted co-conspirator” for laundering money on behalf of the American affiliate of Hamas.
- Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, an ISA valedictorian, is serving a thirty-year prison sentence for providing material support to Al-Qaeda and plotting to assassinate President G.W. Bush.
- Abdalla I. Al-Shabnan, Director General (Principal) ISA, was arrested by Fairfax police in June, 2008 for obstruction of justice and failing to report a case of child sexual abuse involving a five year old girl at the Popes Head campus. Al-Shabnan was fined $500.
§ Mohammed El-Yacoubi and Mohammed Osman Idris, were denied entry into Israel when authorities there found El-Yacoubi carrying what the FBI believed was a suicide note linked to a planned martyrdom operation in Israel.
There is a pattern of anti-American, anti-Semitic and anti-Christian activity at the Islamic Saudi Academy. The curriculum sanctions murder against Jews, adulterers, homosexuals, and converts from Islam—for all other Americans these would be considered crimes.
Each time the ISA gets caught and there is a new flare-up over the hate taught at the ISA, the school “fixes” the curriculum a little. In anticipation of this zoning request, Planning Commission hearings and then the full Board hearing , the ISA has once again claimed they have altered their textbooks. However, while the Islamic Saudi Academy deleted some of the most contentious passages from the texts, copies provided to The Associated Press show that enough sensitive material remains to fuel critics who claim the books show intolerance toward those who do not follow strict interpretations of Islamic Shariah.
Because this school is operated by the Saudi government, it teaches from the Wahabbist Saudi texts provided by the Saudi Ministry of Education. Just as an American school overseas teaches “American” curriculum such as the Revolutionary War, our Presidents and major holidays--this school teaches Wahabbist curriculum.
The Saudi Ministry of Education texts have taught young people that peaceful coexistence with so-called “infidels” is unattainable and that violence to spread Islam is not only permissible, but an obligation. It encourages violence toward others, and misguides the pupils into believing that in order to safeguard their own religion; they must violently repress and even physically eliminate the other.
Just a Glimpse of What is Taught
- 15 of the 19 hijackers on September 11th were Saudi--educated in schools just like the ISA with Wahabbist curriculum.
· Islam teaches that Jews are apes, the keepers of the Sabbath; while the swine are the Christian infidels of the communion of Jesus.
- The Saudi Ministry of Education texts have taught young people that peaceful coexistence with so-called “infidels” is unattainable and that violence to spread Islam is not only permissible, but an obligation. It encourages violence toward others, and misguides the pupils into believing that in order to safeguard their own religion; they must violently repress and even physically eliminate the other.
- It is permissible for a Muslim to kill an apostate (a convert from Islam), an adulterer, or someone who has murdered a believer intentionally: “He (praised is He) prohibits killing the soul that God has forbidden (to kill) unless for just cause…” Just cause is then defined in the text as “unbelief after belief, adultery, and killing an inviolable believer intentionally.” (Tafsir, Arabic/Sharia, 123)
- Jihad in the path of God – which consists of battling against unbelief, oppression, injustice, and those who perpetrate it – is the summit of Islam. This religion arose through jihad and through jihad was its banner raised high. It is one of the noblest acts, which brings one closer to God, and one of the most magnificent acts of obedience to God.
· When is battle jihad in the path of God? … To fulfill an order from God,sacrifice in His path, spread the creed of monotheism, defend the realms of Islam and Muslims, and raise up the word of God. This is jihad in the path of God.
· Jihad continues until the Day of Resurrection.
Read here for more detailed info on the ongoing problem of this Shariah based school
Again, we need people to attend. Most who attend can just be a presence and pray. Those who like to testify can do so. My husband Jim and I will help with testimony preparation. Last year, when I registered to testify I was the only one. When we arrived (grp of 5) we were well out numbered. Jim was viciously attacked by Chairman Connelly (now Congressman) who repeatedly accused him (and the rest of us) of slander.
Wahabbists are colonizing many areas of Northern Virginia. America’s history can be described as waves of immigrants coming to our shores seeking liberty and freedom. The Wahabbists come to America and immediately conspire to reduce our liberty and freedom and impose their brutal Islamic Shariah law—and using our very laws against us to do this. This is the difference between them and other immigrants.
SIGN UP TO SPEAK
Online requests to speak before the Board of Supervisors must be fully completed by 10 a.m. on the day of the hearing to ensure your place on the speakers list. Speakers may also call 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903, prior to noon on the same day to be placed on the speakers list.
Please fill out each question fully; incomplete forms will not be accepted by the system.
If you are speaking on your own behalf or speaking for your neighborhood or civic association, you are given three minutes to speak; if you are speaking for an organization whose membership represents an entire supervisory district, you have five minutes; and if you are speaking for a Board- recognized Countywide organization, you have ten minutes.
Please bring 15 copies of any materials you will hand out.