The revisionist media and rabid left blogs are giggly with excitement, creaming themselves over O''s courage. And before Zero goes on all the networks to preen and strut, let's get the facts straight.
Last week, when Captain Phillips made his first escape and was forced back on the boat, I asked here,
Why wasn't the lifeboat with the Captain on it under 24 hour surveillance, so that when the Captain made his dramatic escape he had cover? That lifeboat should have been blown out of the water as soon as the Captain took flight and began swimming for his life.
Because Obambi wouldn't give the order ..................
Blackfive has the true story here: How the Rescue Happened. Bottom line, Obambi did not give the order.
It is unknown at this point whether the shooters were SEALs or Marine Scout Snipers as both would have been available. This was not a rescue attempt ordered by National Command Authority i.e. the President. It was a reaction by the on scene commander under standard authority to safeguard the life of a hostage.
The AP is reporting that President Obama gave the order to use military force to rescue the hostage, that is misleading.
And China Confidential posits:
1. Why did the President have to twice OK use of force?
2. Why was his authorization limited to a determination of "imminent danger?"
3. Why weren't the snipers ordered or authorized to shoot the pirates simply if the snipers believed that they could kill the pirates without endangering the life of the captain?
4. Was the hostage crisis, in which the captain was kept in a lifeboat for five days, needlessly prolonged by the imminent danger rule of engagement--which seems to indicate a legalistic concern for the lives of the pirates?
5. Would the lifeboat have been allowed to drift to shore had one or more of the pirates not made the fatal mistake of making menacing moves toward the captain?
The President has vowed to work with other nations to interdict Somali pirates at sea and bring them to justice. Maritime security experts dismiss the pledge as empty propaganda. Swift, decisive attacks on the pirate bases and their Islamist protectors, including the Al Qaeda-associated Al Shabab, which shares in the profits of piracy, are needed, along with a naval blockade, possibly, of the key ports. There is no need to coordinate with other nations or ask their permission.