The terrible news just does not stop. It's as if Obama is in a race against time -- doing as much damage as possible to break America, destroy America before the comatose sheeples wake up.
The latest act of subterfuge? Jim B warns, "The signs are that the grandstanding Barack Obama is preparing to subject the United States to the jurisdiction of the ICC. In May, 2002 President Bush withdrew the United States from the Rome Statute which established the ICC. With America heading into global conflict, he had no wish to see US troops arraigned for alleged war crimes before a kangaroo court."
That was a wise decision and probably required in terms of the US Constitution. Already, however, the Obama administration is sending out very different messages. America helped defeat a proposal that the warrant for Bashir should be suspended for 12 months - which would have been a welcome respite for the soup kitchens of Darfur. This is a policy change of considerable significance.
Nor is it the only straw in the wind. Last month US Ambassador Susan Rice, in a closed meeting of the Security Council, supported the ICC, saying it "looks to become an important and credible instrument for trying to hold accountable the senior leadership responsible for atrocities committed in the Congo, Uganda and Darfur". A week later Ben Chang, spokesman for National Security Advisor General James Jones, took a similar line, telling the Washington Times: "We support the ICC in its pursuit of those who've perpetrated war crimes."
The next logical step is for the United States to sign up to the ICC. That would flatter Obama's ego as the conscience of the world. It would also put US servicemen at the mercy of any American-hating opportunists who might choose to arraign them on trumped-up charges before an alien court whose judges are likely to be ill-disposed towards America too.
Read Carl's whole post. He takes on the flaccid moderates on the right who keep giving Obama a free pass.
Enemy update bulletin (thanks to Jan)
- Remember how Obama pledged to leave Iraq and send the troops to Afghanistan because the real terrorists where in Afghanistan? Well, he just announced that we are losing in Afghanistan so we are going to make a deal with the "Moderate" Taliban. He didn’t bother to tell us if the "Moderate" Taliban will continue to prohibit women/girls from getting and education or medical treatment, will sanction (encourage) honor killings, will live under the boot of sharia law.
- After saying we would withdraw from Iraq in 16 months, he is taking out much of our forces by September. That would be 8 months. Now that al Qaeda knows his plan, they can wait and then invade Iraq the day after we leave. Oibama will not feel any responsibility for abandoning Iraqis and letting them get killed.
- In the meantime, he appears to have made concessions to the New Russia (Putin) while getting nothing in return.
- He has started putting restrictions on Israeli self defense.
- He has insulted the British, giving back a statue of Churchill and giving Brown a pathetic gift of 25 DVD’s.
- He has sucked up to Iran and Syria.
- He is giving combat helicopters to the Government of Lebanon – which is now Hizbullah.
- He is legitimizing Hamas by supporting a unity government of Hamas and Fatah.
- He is going to distribute your wealth to those who supported him (except Jews). The stimulus bill will give about $1 billion to Acorn, the voter fraud community organizers.