Who the hell is President Hussein working for? This is a war crime ...... the UN "human rights council" is a battering ram for the Organization of the Islamic Conference, whose objective is global Islamic domination. Go here now, and here and here.
According to Bat Ye'or, "the OIC, the Organization of the Islamic
Conference, which is a group that brings together 57 Muslim countries, has
decided to bring into the international forefront and into the Western world,
this rule of Dhimmitude that imposed the respect of Islam by non-Muslims. This is
what we see now, and they have decided too, that the Muslims who are integrated
in non-Muslim countries are a part of the universal Ummah, and that their
rights to be respected must be applied.
[....] Unfortunately what I see now, organized in the OIC, is exactly the contrary. The OIC brings all the Muslim countries, the 57 Muslim countries, together, and I wouldn’t say the same rule of course, the same organization, the same politics, its aim at creating a block, a Muslim block, which is, it plans to unify it by rooting it in the Koran and Sharia and the Sunna. So we are going to see a stronger, even a stronger Islamic block, more fundamentalist."
According to the Washington Post, U.S. to Join U.N. Human Rights Council
The Obama administration decided Tuesday to join the U.N. Human Rights Council, reversing a decision by the Bush administration to shun the United Nations’ premier rights body to protest the influence of repressive states, according to U.N. diplomats and rights activists.
The United States will participate in elections in May for one of three seats on the 47-member council, joining a slate that includes Belgium, Norway and New Zealand. New Zealand has offered to step aside to allow the United States to run unchallenged, according to a U.S. official.
As Anne Bayefsky put it, the current administration is following A Foreign Policy of Obsequiousness.
Having watched U.N. meetings for the past 25 years, I can’t remember a U.S. representative in a public session so openly obsequious, particularly in the presence of such specious human rights authorities. And yet the U.S. delegates appear happy to be there and convey the marching orders of their new commander-in-chief.
Unfortunately, while Obama’s calling the tunes, items like freedom of expression are being rearranged. On the table was a provision which “Calls on States to ensure that lawmakers discharge their responsibilities in conformity with . . . article 4 of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination . . . ” What did the American delegation have to say about that? Among other things they proposed: “add after article 4, ‘and 5(d)(viii) of the Racial Discrimination Convention.’”
I have a list itemizing Hussein's failures. Add this one to the list.
- Atlas Shrugs: Iran and the "New and Improved" UN Human Rights Council Iran, the worst violator of human rights, is up for a seat on the "new" (sounds old - very, very old) Human abuse Rights Council. This is beyond the pale.
- Atlas Shrugs: UN sub Human Rights Council: To Adopt Barbarian Agenda Human Rights Council from itself," says UN Watch ...
- Atlas Shrugs: IRANIAN ASSASSIN ON UN HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL "Unfortunately, we're reminded that the Human Rights Council is still a case of the foxes guarding the chicken coop. There may be less foxes than there were ...
- Atlas Shrugs: No Dice on the UN [anti] Human Rights Council Continuing in the grand tradition of John Bolton, today we put America's values first. The US decided not to seek a seat on the UN's Human Rights Council.
- Atlas Shrugs: HUMAN RIGHTS LEADER LITTMAN OUTRAGED AFTER DEBATE ... The action by Ambassador Marius Grinius took place in the UN's Human Rights Council, where Muslim and Arab countries regularly deliver harangues against the ...
- Atlas Shrugs: President Hussein Seeks US seat on Islamic Anti ... US eyes bid for UN rights council Washington Times (hat tip Rut) The Obama administration is weighing a bid to join the UN Human Rights Council (HRC), ...