Here is your typical recruit into Obama's "well funded" civilian army. I received this IM last night on AOL:
GuyInGothamX: I am monitoring your site---if you or any of your hate- filled followers even make a passing joke about violence toward Barack Obama or his family, I am going straight to the FBI. I don't put anything past you or your racist followers----everything you do is an incitement to violence... additionally, i have reported your site to the Wiesenthal Center for Tolerance, the ADL, the ADC and the NAACP... you may think race-baiting and religious bigotry are entertaining, but i'm not sure those organizations will
It's not illegal, or hate speech. The O-bot did not threaten violence or smear my race or religion, just threatened to tell the FBI. It is very carefully constructed.Google has scrubbed my site from their search engines. Months ago they removed birth certificate images and blocked/suspended anti- Obama blogs here and here and here.
Further the indispensible Sultan is reporting this:
The Obama Crackdown on the Jewish Media Begins Sultan Knish
Call it Scenes from the Obama Revolution Part 2. It's happening quietly and under the radar but there is a pattern to it is a bit similar for it to be completely random. Editors and staff working for local Jewish papers that have run articles critical of Obama have been receiving hostile phone calls.
While critical phone calls are not unusual when you're working on a newspaper, these phone calls are not from random readers, they are coming from lawyers and sometimes doctors who wield influence in the community and may often be advertisers. Typical talking points for these phone calls typically warn against running any further critical articles of Obama "now that he is President", emphasize that most Jews voted for Obama and emphasize that "we must unite behind him" or there may be "consequences to our community."
The phone calls are conducted with a brashness and rudeness that smack of Rahm Emanuel. A not atypical closing section from a phone call received by the editor of a Jewish newspaper not too far away from Obama's home base ran like this.
Caller: Who the hell does he think is writing things like this about Obama?
Editor: He is a respected journalist who is a Holocaust survivor and has been appearing with us for many years.
Caller: As far as I'm concerned he's garbage! You can't run any articles by him again, not until he moderates his position.
Editor: This is a free country, you can have your opinion and he can have his opinion.
Caller: No he can't!
The objectionable article was a fairly mild piece that pointed out Obama's lack of experience. The caller was not some random reader, but a fairly influential local figure. One or two such incidents could be put down to random moonbattery trickling up, but I'm hearing of more and more similar phone calls. And I'm seeing more and more Jewish papers that had formerly criticized Obama "moderating" their position.
To what extent is this an orchestrated campaign to silence opposition in Jewish newspapers, those that at any point did oppose Obama, there is no way to know. But the outcome can nevertheless be seen on many editorial pages, and with Carter talking about Obama's plan to tackle the middle east early on, it can be seen as clearing the decks and intimidating the Jewish press at large into remaining silent.
OT related: Media Self Censorship
UPDATE: Let me explain about the google scrub. If you put into the search box Atlas Shrugs my site is there but my work, my articles, posts etc has been scrubbed from search results. According to an IT reader expert, the blacklist came out of Seattle.
Most folks find Atlas from a google search of keywords or word searches ie "obama birth certificate", "Gaza contributions" "Obama Odinga" - stories I broke or that first appeared at Atlas. Those first time readers become regular readers.
Google apparently does not like that.
Here's the path:
<>Traceroute to Atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com
Hop T1 T2 T3 IP
1. 0.65ms 0.58ms 1.16ms nameintelligence.com Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
2. 1.66ms 1.34ms 0.64ms ip-64-246-162-161.ipd.ccom.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
3. 0.66ms 1.38ms 1.64ms 18.104.22.168 Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
4. 0.66ms 1.37ms 1.64ms 216-145-7-113.sea.fibercloud.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
5. 1.66ms 1.38ms 1.65ms 19b1-19b2.sea.fibercloud.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
6. 220.69ms 2.27ms 91.66ms ge-6-17.car4.Seattle1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
7. 1.65ms 13.27ms 1.54ms ae-31-55.ebr1.Seattle1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
8. 18.61ms 18.37ms 28.66ms ae-3.ebr1.SanJose1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
9. 17.59ms 18.31ms 21.60ms ae-61-61.csw1.SanJose1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
10. 18.59ms 18.86ms 27.55ms ae-72-72.ebr2.SanJose1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
11. 20.64ms 19.25ms 19.62ms ae-5-5.car1.Oakland1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
12. 20.64ms 19.34ms 19.64ms SIX-APART-L.car1.Oakland1.Level3.net Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
13. 32.66ms 20.33ms 23.63ms v102-oak-core2.sixapart.com Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |
14. 20.65ms 20.33ms 19.65ms 22.214.171.124 Reverse IP |Ping |DNS Lookup |