WC sent this to me,
"Some people in Tennessee have trouble with all those 'shalls' and 'shall nots' in the Ten commandments. Folks just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, some folks in middle Tennessee got together and translated the 'King James' into ' Jackson County ' language,.... no joke, read on... The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro , TN. )"
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma &Pa
(6) Don't take what ain't yers
(7) No killin'
(8) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(9) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff