IDF military intel got every phone number in South Lebanon and they are working the phones. Paraphrasing, "we know Hezb'Allah is in your home. We know Katuyshas are in your home and unless they are moved your home will become a target!"
When are I asked Mr. Gold if the reason the Lebanese were not never leaving their homes after the warnings and the leaflets was the Hezb'Allah were holding them hostage or threatening them he said he did not know.
A wonderful bloggers' interview with Former UN Ambassador Dore Gold, 1997-1999. Rick of Jewish Current Issues and I were there LIVE, and in person. The spectacular Ann of Boker Tov, John Right Wing News, Allan Roth of One Jerusalem.Org and Gateway Pundit has the best recap here;
Ambassador Dore Gold is Israel’s former Ambassador to the UN and two-time NY Times bestselling author of Hatred’s Kingdom and Tower of Babble - How the United Nations Has Fueled Global Chaos. Ambassador Gold talked today on a blogger conference from Jerusalem to update bloggers on what is happening in Israel.
Ambassador Gold addressed a wide range of issues including the recent incident in Kfar Qana, an alternative to a cease-fire, and the role of the UN.
WWW.ONEJERUSALEM.ORG sponsored the event.
Ambassador Dore Gold:
First of all a bit on Hezbollah-
- Israel withdrew from Lebanon completely fulfilling UN resolutions even garnisheing the blessing of the UN at the time of withdrawal.
- Kofi Annan only elevated Nasrallah when he met with him after Israel left Lebanon in June, 2000.
- Nasrallah has preached that the US is the principle enemy, not Israel.
- As a result of Israel departing from southern Lebanon, Hezbollah was strengthened with help from Iran.
- UN Resolution 1559 attempted to disarm the militias in Lebanon. If the militias would have been disarmed the current crisis would not be happening. Israel by disarming Hezbollah is restoring security. By disarming Hezbollah, Irael is helping the democratic movement of the Cedar Revolution and Israel is also helping to fulfill UN resolution 1559.
- Iran's aim is to dominate Iraq and the region. Iran has an ally in Syria.
- Israel's strategy includes isolating Hezbollah from its Irainian suppliers.
- This is the only way to beat the Hezbollah insurgency.
- It was Syrian agents who assassinated the Lebanese Prime Minister in 2005.
- Syria has been the pivital country supporting the insurgency in Iraq.
- Somehow, those who propose that Syria become a major player are suffering from amnesia.
What to do:
- This is such a clearcut war.
- Syria and Lebanon are clearly trying to expand their domain.
- The media is trying to portray Israel as the criminal in this war.
- "Civilian casualties" is one area that the media is exploiting.
- Hezbollah is the clear party that is responsible.
- Most people in the world do not realize the extent that Israel is going to to avoid civilian casualties.
- In Qana leaflets dropped in June asking the people to leave.
Read it all.
Allan of One Jerusalem.Org will have the transcript up tomorrow. And the excellent Q & A. This was a particularly good blogger call.
UPDATE: Rick over at the erudite bur racy Jewish Current Issues has his take here
UPDATE: HERE IS THE LIVE AUDIO DOWNLOAD Download DoreGold801Israel.wav