Using documents obtained under freedom of information laws, the BBC says that Britain deliberately misled the International Atomic Energy Agency. Mike Michaels, Britain's representative to the IAEA, reportedly played a critical part in assisting Israel.
Michaels knew that supplying Israel with a small quantity of plutonium would allow the country to develop nuclear weapons much sooner.
The BBC is recycling this 40 year old news item over and over again the past couple of days and weeks-- why? To show Israel has nukes? Why? To equate Iran's desire for nukes with Israel's nuclear program? They are saying that Iran could/should have nukes because Israel does?
Perfect example of typical left wing moral inversion. Israel has never admitted to having nuclear weaponry but let's say they have them. It speaks volumes that in over 40 years, they've never used them. Nor did they ever threaten to "wipe anyone off the map". If Israel had nukes, it would seem perfectly clear to me they were for defense. Israel, since 1948, has faced an existential threat. Israel, since her birth, has never had a moment's peace. She was attacked in 1948-1949, 1956, 1967, 1973, (not to mention -Munich Olympic athlete mass murder 1972). Ongoing conflicts continue 1982-2000. In addition, the West Bank and Gaza has met with terror attacks from the Palestinian inhabitants of those lands in the First and Second Intifada Uprisings (1987-1993, 2000-Present). Whatevuh, right? Why split hairs with undeniable, unambiguous details? Point being, nobody has touched a hair on Iran's prickly little head.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as a part of the Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern state of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E., the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing and an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pograms.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab land is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations inititated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The U.N. was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.
UPDATE: BIG LIES: DEMOLISHING THE MYTHS OF THE PROPAGANDA WAR AGAINST ISRAEL HERE hat tip MarcH Read it all, especially you Protocol of Zion freaks