But this is ridiculous. When is this poisoning of the childhood waters going to stop? Can't kids be kids?
Must we rip the veil of childhood oblivion from our children's psyches?
This has nothing to do with gay rights/marriage although if gay marriage was legalized it would be incumbent upon the public school system to make gay sex part and parcel of the sex education curriculum.
This is about the children and whats appropriate.
End of story
Here is a sampling of the most recent situations:
- Two parent groups in Montgomery County, Maryland, sued the school board over a proposed health education curriculum partially based on resources provided by homosexual advocacy groups. The curriculum and accompanying resources were so biased that a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order to halt the implementation of the changes. The order was recently continued until December 2005. (See related article)
- The Iowa State Board of Education will soon determine if the Pleasant Valley
(IA) School Board was correct to limit a pro-gay children's book to the middle
school. After a father complained, the school board voted 4-3 to remove The
Misfits by James Howe from the elementary school as a read-aloud book. The
author of the book has said publicly that he wanted to write The Misfits
with a gay character in order to change beliefs concerning
- In Massachusetts, a father was arrested because he refused to leave his
son's elementary school until the principal agreed to follow Massachusetts
parental notification law concerning sexual content in instruction. The father,
David Parker, wanted to introduce the subject of homosexuality to his 6-year-old
rather than the school taking that role. Schools officials declined to notify
the father as required by law and provided books to kindergarten students that
portrayed gay couples alongside heterosexual couples. (See related
- “The Little Black” book was distributed to teenagers at
Brookline High School on April 30 as part of a Gay, Lesbian and Straight
Education Network (GLSEN) event.
WARNING to parents: What’s in “The Little Black Book” are some of the most pornographic descriptions of homosexual sex I’ve ever read[deleted....see related article]
If same-sex marriage is legalized in your state, expect your public school children to be exposed to the following sexual practices as described in “The Little Black Book.”
* “Your Sexual Rights & Responsibilities: You have the right to enjoy sex without shame or stigma? You have the right to safer sex materials that speak to your desires! You have the right to take action for your community! Be heard, you are the expert!”
* “FISTING: What makes fisting risky when it comes to diseases is that the blood vessels in the rectum are close to the surface which means damage can occur easily and go unnoticed.”
*”WATERSPORTS: There is little risk of STD infection and no risk of HIV infection from playing with pee.”
The booklet also describes oral and anal sex practices, mutual sexual stimulation, and dealing with various bodily fluids in the most foul language imaginable. I’ve not quoted the most explicit sections of this booklet. (see related article)